How do I become a certified WetSuit applicator?
Steps to becoming a Certified WetSuit Applicator:
- Complete and submit the Applicator Pre-Qualification Form (PDF)
- Pre-qualification review with Neptune Coatings for approval
- Invitation for a meeting and hands-on experience at Neptune Coating's facility in Las Vegas, NV (Optional. Customer responsible for travel expenses.)
- Sign Applicator Agreement
- Purchase of application equipment and WetSuit material
- On-site training by Neptune Coatings
Does the WetSuit material require specialized equipment to apply?
Yes. The equipment is patent pending. Because the raw material is sensitive to friction, a conventional paint sprayer would be clogged in seconds. The equipment is low pressure applied and has a custom built gun. WetSuit One-Part and Trowel grade are available to the public in one and five gallon pails.
What is the difference between WetSuit and WetSuit 1-Part?
The WetSuit® has a water catalyst that creates an 80% cure within the first 3 seconds. This allows for the membrane to be sprayed to ANY mil thickness in one coat! The One-Part is just that, one-part, no catalyst. The chemistry is similar, but instead of an instant set, it flows and self-levels. This can be applied up to 80 wet mils vertical.
Are specifications or detail drawings available?
Yes, please send us an email request.